Sculpting the Figure: Core Foundations
- Teacher: Ruthie V.
- Class Fee: Model fee included in class price
- Materials: 1 bag of terracotta clay and clay tools included in class price. Additional clay can be purchased for $18
- Class Length: 8 Weeks
Class Days: Sundays, beginning January 28Time: 6:00 – 9:00 pm <— NEW TIME
NEW EQUIPMENT! The League has invested in sculpture pedestals with wheels and variable heights, so artists and their sculptures will be more easily mobile.
RECOMMENDED: For an immersive experience, artists are encouraged to take this class in conjunction with the afternoon Figure Drawing: Structure and Anatomy class. Use the coupon code DRAW&SCULPT at checkout to get 10% off each class, when purchased as a set.
1 bag of terracotta clay and clay tools are included in class price. Additional clay can be purchased for $18 per bag.
Materials to bring:
- 14×17″ or larger sketch or drawing paper
- soft willow charcoal sticks
- sketchbook for notes
- folder or binder for handouts
Sculpture of Monumental Legs by Javier Marin. Admittedly these are carved from wood, not clay, but we’re going to have fun.