Make a Coffee Set
- Teacher: Homero Gutierrez
- Class Length: 3 sessions
- Date: Saturdays, beginning January 13
- Time: 10:00 – 1:00 pm
- Materials fee $25 – included in price
Elevate your morning ritual by crafting a one-of-a-kind coffee set that perfectly suits your taste—both in coffee and in art. In this hands-on class, we’ll guide you through the steps to create your own drip coffee cone, matching pitcher, and a personalized mug. Walk in as a novice and walk out with a functional ceramic coffee set made entirely by you.
What You’ll Learn
- Basics of ceramic molding and glazing techniques
- How to construct a functional drip coffee cone
- Designing a pitcher for both aesthetics and functionality
- Crafting a mug that’s ergonomically designed for your hands
- Proper glazing techniques to make your set durable and dishwasher-safe
All our clay and glazes are dishwasher and microwave safe. Tools and materials will be provided – materials included in price.
ALL LEVELS. Come dressed comfortably, with clothes that can get messy.
Pottery Classes at the Seattle Artist League
Join us for pottery classes in our 2,700 square foot studio in Seattle’s Georgetown Arts District. We offer classes for beginning ceramics in wheel throwing, hand-building, firing, and glazing. Our pottery classes are open to beginners and intermediate potters.
We have long offered classes in clay sculpting. Our commitment to the medium has expanded with the opening of our south Seattle Ceramics Studio. Join us for classes, workshops, and events in Seattle’s newest ceramics studio.
At the Seattle Artist League, we have a start where you are philosophy. You are welcome in our studio as a beginner or a seasoned pro. Join us.