We use the Zoom platform for online classes. Login codes are sent prior to the first class only. Some email systems such as Hotmail block our emails to you. Please check your junk folders, and if you have have not received your class info, please contact us (email@example.com) 15-30 minutes before your class begins so we can reply with the login codes. We will get you into your class.
MODEL PRIVACY: No photography, or screen shots are allowed in our Figure Drawing sessions. To protect the privacy of models, they have the option to wear minimal clothing. This is a change from our typical figure drawing classes, and will continue as long as these classes are offered online. Sometimes, the times call for a fig leaf.
Beginning Figure Drawing
- Teacher: Charity Baker
- Fee: Model fees included in course price
- Class Length: 8 Weeks
- Class Days: Sundays, beginning February 11 (class does not meet March 31)
- Time: 4:00-6:00 pm PDT
Students will work from the model, with poses ranging from 30 seconds to 20 minutes.
ALL LEVELS WELCOME. Even if there’s a structured lesson, this class is dedicated to support to the styles and interests of each individual artist.
Figure drawing is a repeatable class! If you have taken this class before and enjoyed the format, take it again. You will not be bored, and your skills will continue to improve each time. You might impress yourself with what a revisit will do for your success and enjoyment.
Materials List for Minimalists
If all you have is sketch paper and a pencil or some vine charcoal you will be fine.
Materials List for Bammes Studies
- Sketch paper – 11×14″ or larger (I go big in the studio, but on zoom the smaller sizes can be more comfortable.)
- Soft Vine Charcoal
- Drawing set – Graphite pencils, charcoal pencils, erasers, sharpener, conte
- Ink (sumi, india ink, acrylic ink, anything is fine. You only need a small amount)
- Medium sized round (pointed) or flat nylon brush
- Containers for ink and water
- Multi media paper, bristol, or watercolor paper for ink studies