- Teacher: Ruthie V.
- Class Fee: Model and clay fees included in class price. Additional clay can be purchased for $25
- Class Length: 8 week session
- Class Days: Sundays, starting March 19
- Time: 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
In this class, students will work from live models to draw and sculpt studies of the figure in clay. Drawings will be used for warm ups for sculptures in clay, but for students who prefer to either draw or sculpt exclusively, those options will be available. Focus will not be on producing large finished polished sculptures. We will produce gestural informal sculptures that capture the essential elements of an expression or form. Students will study form, anatomy, proportion, planes, expression, and how to create flow and movement within a sculptural piece.
We will be working in our new ceramics studio. Students will have the opportunity to select sculptures for glazing and firing.
This class is open to all levels. If you have never taken a figure drawing class before, please bring the prerequisites of curiosity, patience, self compassion, and tenacity.
Materials to bring:
- 14×17″ or larger sketch or drawing paper
- large drawing board if you have your own
- soft willow charcoal sticks
Clay and clay tools included in class price. Additional clay can be purchased for $16