Too busy to take a class? Not anymore!
Drawing is a great way to focus and relax the mind. While many art classes take space and time to get set up, create, then clean up, it only takes a few minutes to grab a pencil and draw, and you can do it anywhere!
We’ve modified our beginning drawing course to give you the basics of line, form, tone, proportion, composition, gesture, movement, and expression.
- Teacher: Charity Baker
- Class Length: 6 Weeks
- Class Days: Wednesdays, beginning February 1
- Time: 6:00-7:30 pm PST
Bring what you have. The list below is suggested, but not necessary. Pencil and paper will always be fabulous.
- Soft Willow Charcoal
- Pencils: HB and 6B or 8B
- Charcoal pencil: 6B or 8B / soft or super soft
- Strathmore 300 series drawing pad (yellow pad with top spiral bind, product code 340-318). At the school studio we use 18×24″ but home studios can be a bit less spacious. Get the largest size your work station will accommodate. 14×17″ is great.
- Newsprint. Get the largest size your work station will accommodate.
- Drawing board may be helpful to hold paper at an angle while you sit at a desk
- White vinyl/plastic eraser
- Chamois cloth- small
- Pencil sharpener
- Conte stick – brown or black
- Sketchbook (optional)
- Large kneaded eraser (optional)