- Teacher: Ruthie V.
- Fee: Model fees included in course price
- Class Length: 8 week session
- Class Days: Sundays, beginning January 22
- Time: 4:00 – 6:00 pm
Beginning Figure Drawing: Gestures
A gesture drawing is a fast drawing that captures the spirit of the pose, not the photorealistic details. In this class, artists will draw quick studies to express dynamic movement, mass, energy, flow, form, and action. Students will be guided by demos, prompts, and positive feedback to explore a variety of classical and contemporary drawing approaches with a live nude model. Artists will be drawing live nude models. This is a fast moving class, beginner friendly, and is very repeatable. This class is appropriate for ALL LEVELS.
This fun and friendly class is fast paced. It’s a 3 hour class in 2 hours. First pose starts promptly at 4:00pm. Please be in the studio at 3:45pm and ready to draw at 3:55.
Getting back into the real world: we might have an art supply store bring discounted supply kits to the first day of class. Ask us before you buy!
- Willow or vine charcoal sticks
- Chamois or soft paper towels
- Plastic eraser
- Newsprint 18×24″
- Compressed charcoal sticks (not pencils)
- Sumi brush (large)
- Sumi or walnut ink (in a small bottle)
- Container for water
- Small container for ink wash
- Bamboo reed pen or stick from garden
- Multi-media sketch paper 18×24″
Seattle Artist League is a community. In order to protect our community, we require that all who enter the school are masked and remain masked for their stay.
This is an IN-PERSON adult class at our new location: 5516 4th Ave South, in Georgetown.
Drawing by Ruthie V.